www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:24 am 

MikePNW wrote:
I have used the BabyPants training pants as pull-up diapers. I used the thicker version (called "my first training pants") for overnight and heavy urge days and the lighter version (called "almost a big kid") for lighter days and when more discretion is needed. Even though they are marketed to ABDL folks, I found them to work well for incontinence. I found that the thicker version would take two floods, saturating the center panel front to back.

Thank you.
The lighter version is the same price as the thicker one, so the only reason to get is because it is more comfortable or less noticable. Did you find this to be significant?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:44 am 

It has been a couple of years since I used the BabyPants pull-ups. If I recall correctly, the heavier version is quite thick and will "silhouette" through pants/shorts. The lighter version is more discreet, and it will disappear under a PUL cover and fixing pants or compression shorts.

Typically, I wore them at home, though I would sometimes wear the lighter version while running short errands close to home. (I wear disposables during longer outings.) The absorbent center panel is a lot thicker than the side panels. Their website indicates that the lighter version is a 2-ply, while the heavier version is a thick 4-ply. Since I have urge/flood incontinence, I would change after each wetting. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:49 am 

I should have mentioned that the heavier version of the BabyPants pull-ups would be better for overnight use, as the capacity is almost double. The crotch is wide enough to accept a thin booster.

I found both versions to be very comfortable, as the knit cotton is very soft, like a pair of high quality Supima cotton briefs.

The only problems I found with them were the rise (not as high as I would prefer) and the elastics (should be stronger).