www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ordering Cloth Diapers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:36 am 

A while back I mentioned that while I was in a temporary apartment with limited washer/dryer I was wearing cloth over a disposable at night as a means to limit laundering the cloth diapers until we moved. Well, we close on our new house in about 2 weeks and that problem will go away.

I have ordered a new washer with pre-soak, extra water, extra hot water, and sanitary cycle options. That should do the trick. So, I am changing over to only cloth diapers for night and for limited wear about the house. I am about to place my order for new flat gauze night-weight prefolds (pinned) and some cloth stuffers.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:45 am 

John, obviously everyone here is wearing cloth diapers, at least at night and some or even most of the day. I think you will find the comfort of cotton diapers much preferable to paper ones and you can not beat the absorbency of double diapers at night. I can get a min of 12 hours out of that. Yes sometime less sometimes more but 90% of the time they last till I shower. A typical night diapering goes from usually 9 or 10 PM till 8 in the morning and on days when I have nothing to do and weekends I go till 9,10 or 11. I hope you can find peace of mind with the switch, you can always go back. Papa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm 

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW HOUSE JD!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:04 am 

Pappa,

12 hours of use overnight for a cloth diaper is excellent!

Porkchop,

Thanks for your congratulations re the new house. This will be our "last house." I have tried to make it very handicap-accessible to include doors and adaptability of the stairs to a chair-lift. Even garage stairs were designed for ease of adding a ramp. Of course, all that will come later as I am still mobile, although with a cane. As I was in a wheel chair for over 6 months after my original accident many years ago, I have some experience with this.

--JohnI

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:24 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Pappa,

12 hours of use overnight for a cloth diaper is excellent!

Porkchop,

Thanks for your congratulations re the new house. This will be our "last house." I have tried to make it very handicap-accessible to include doors and adaptability of the stairs to a chair-lift. Even garage stairs were designed for ease of adding a ramp. Of course, all that will come later as I am still mobile, although with a cane. As I was in a wheel chair for over 6 months after my original accident many years ago, I have some experience with this.

--JohnI

That is smart! We will be moving in the next few years to a one story so we don't have stairs. We plan on taking into account those handicap improvements.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:34 pm 

John,

Add my congratulations to those above. The stress of planning a new home and the rush of moving into it give me a new appreciation of your dedication to the rest of us on this site. My house is adequate, but just barely, for incontinence management. Being able to design your home to suit your needs is wonderful. Keep us informed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:51 am 

Guys (and gals),

You probably will laugh at this, but we had one bathroom expanded in size, moving a wall and stealing space from an adjoining guest bedroom. This allows plenty of space for a wheelchair, if that is in my future.

For my immediate needs, it also has been turned into a dedicated "treatment" room. Some will recall that I use daily morning enemas as a preventative (or preemptive) to control my fecal incontinence. The room has been optimized to facilitate that. :oops: My enemas and diaper changes all take place in this room and all necessary supplies are easily at hand.

I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to do this. Anything we can do to make our incontinence less burdensome is a plus.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:23 am 

That is smart, why would we laugh?

Marcus Aurelius