www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:01 pm 

I have worn rectangular prefolds for ‘years’, really that’s all I’ve used. I did try some snap on diapers once and some pull on types but always have gravitated back to the rectangular prefolds.
Well, I’m about to venture into the contours again with Velcro. I’m not talking about the all in one (due to washing and drying issues), but the type that you wear pants with. My issue remains that because of the heat and humidity here, I am most comfortable in the thicker diapers which usually equates to double thinner diapers. A single cloth diaper, even a single overnight weight diaper becomes damp and uncomfortable after a short time around here.
I did a little looking today and found myprotex, rears, and incontrol. I think that adultclothdiaper, where I usually buy from, also has a version.
Does anyone here have experience to share? They’re not that costly so I’m tempted to give it a try again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:59 am 

I used Velcro diapers from ACD years ago. At first, I really liked them; not having to force pins through heavy cloth diapers, especially at night, sold me on them. However, over the years, the Velcro clogged up with lint, had to be cleaned, and tore the diaper fabric. Pin type diapers also wear, especially when the fabric that is typically pinned begins to fray. For me, the advantage of pinned over Velcro is that pinned diapers are adjustable, making them useful both for multiple layering as at night, and for lighter protection during the day. Velcro is not adjustable to that extent. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:17 am 

Ellyn wrote:
I did a little looking today and found myprotex, rears, and incontrol. I think that adultclothdiaper, where I usually buy from, also has a version.
Does anyone here have experience to share? They’re not that costly so I’m tempted to give it a try again.

I've used velcro closure cloth diapers from Blankencare at night; they've worked very well for me and because of the plentiful layers, they don't feel too wet after a couple of 'goes'. I use them rarely because they can't compete with the convenience of disposables especially on a work day. The Myprotex cloth diaper is a thin rebrand of the Rearz Omutsu.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:01 pm 

Good while ago I tried a couple of the Velcro type cloth diapers. They were contour shaped like the Velcro diapers you mentioned. Contour shape doesn't have as much absorbent material as prefolds where it counts. I have several of the pin on CTDC contours too.
I took a look at the Protex. They have a flannel outside and and unknown 'fluffy' interior. I never liked flannel, as it always seemed damp ant took longer to dry. Also it is not as absorbent as twill or birdseye. I have no idea what they are using for the 'fluffy' interior, but will guess it is not as absorbent as cotton. Good luck with the experiment. BTW Only saw AIO's at ADC.
Patrick-I use 'Snappi' fasteners instead of pins. They start a bit short but stretch out. I've had no issues with them holding diaper snug, even better than pins.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:53 pm 

Well, so far I’m not going to bother with the contours. It was a passing thought anyway as I’m about to order a few more diapers and pants. Something can be said about tried and true. Still, we all need to be cognizant of products that are new or those that we were perhaps too quick to dismiss.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:01 pm 

I am a little late like usual... I have one Kins contour diaper and it works well for me when I decide to use it. I an not thrilled with the hook & loop fasteners and back that up with a Snappi. I was unhappy when the elastic in the leg opening gave up, but in Kins defense the diaper was a few years old.