www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pull-on cloth diaper
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:55 pm 

Others have seen the Kins pull-on cloth diaper. I don't wear them during the day but I do for using while sleeping. For additional absorption when I use my disposable (Confidry 24/7) and booster (NS eternadry booster doubler) when saturated. I do have flash-flood type wetting and I used to leak on my bed. I started using the pull-on cloth diaper (Kins) over my disposables to keep from leaking. The cloth diaper just gets damp. I usually have a pretty big BM (solid) in the very early morning before I change. The BM is mostly contained in the disposables so I don't have a really messy cloth diaper. Easier for washing. I don't have to worry about walking around with them because it's only for the early morning. I'm not worried about securing the cloth diaper. The elastics are stronger enough while sleeping. I'm not sure how others use them while walking around in public. Especially when wearing multiple cloth diapers for thickness?

Post subject: Re: Pull-on cloth diaper
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:23 pm 

Not a problem. I simply use the next larger size waist, or use something like Duluth Trading pants with a crotch gusset. In warm weather I often wear my shirts out, which nicely covers the bulge.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:59 pm 

I have been using a pull on cloth diaper over a disposable for bed. And plastic pants over everything.
Whatever gets past the disposable gets picked up by the pull on cloth diaper. No leaks make it past that.
So far anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:32 am 

I used to use those over a disposable and under plastic while sleeping, and they were great but they'd shrink and all those I have are now too small. Sadly Drylife in the UK changed their manufacturer and the newer product is both poorer quality and shrinks much more rapidly and not good for purpose anymore. I now use a white bath towel which I pin round my waist to catch leaks from the disposable.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:05 pm 

I have been experimenting with SuperUndies lately. I bought several different types/sizes and so far they seem OK. Not exceptional, but I am learning as I go. First of all, I have a 38in waist and 27in thighs, so I'm "in between" two sizes. I first bought XL in the Adult Nighttime series, and an XL in the Protective Briefs. Both of these are pull-on designs. The really unique thing about these is that they are made of 100% synthetic fabrics. No cotton/bamboo absorbent layers, it's all microfiber absorbent layers, and PUL / fleece on the outside. They are a bit big in the waist, but the legs seem to fit OK. Oddly, washings have not caused any shrinkage yet. Only 3 washings so far, but they still seem to fit exactly the same.

With both designs, all the absorbency goes between the legs, with none wrapping around the waist. While this makes them slimmer in the waist, they can still be thick in the middle if you add enough inserts. The layer against the skin is a stay-dry layer, similar to no-sweat athletic t-shirt material. It feels dry, leaving me with no clues about how soon it is full. Weight could be a good clue, but I will need to have more wearings before I truly know how full these can get before they approach overflowing. Similar to cotton in that regard.

The Nighttime undies have a slightly better fit, and not as prone to falling off when wet. They are a one piece system, with the absorbent layers only attached at one end so that they launder easier & faster. They are not quite as absorbent as the "Protective Briefs", but they are so very comfortable. Also, they will take extra absorbent layers as inserts, although there is no way to hold them in place If you are not active, extra inserts might work OK. More difficult for me.

The "Protective Briefs" fit much looser in the waist and a little bit looser around the legs. They leaked really badly around my legs while sitting down, but seemed OK when standing. However, gravity takes over when wet, as the extra weight makes them slide down my waist until they are caught by my jeans. They become quite bulky and obvious at that point. I found they would stay up much better if I used diaper pins to remove 2 inches (one with each pin) around the waist. These have an absorbent middle that comes unsnapped for laundering, and can take one or more inserts within their tubular pocket design.

I also ordered a Protective Brief in size L, and while that one fit much better on legs & waist, they also fit lower on my waist than any other diaper or underwear that I use. That one also leaked a lot when sitting in my office chair for an afternoon. Left quite the puddle underneath my chair and through the seat of my jeans.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:54 pm 

I have thought about trying Superundies, but the price stops me! I understand that the product is very well made.