www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abena M4 plastic in UK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:55 pm 

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up: Drylife have started marketing the Abena plastic M4 and L4 in the UK under their own brand as "Drylife Slip X-Plus". It can be found on their website and on the Incontinence Shop site (same company).

Got my first lot today -- they have not even rebranded the actual nappies, only the packaging. There's no Abena logo anywhere but the briefs have the same colours and M4 or L4 on them.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 4:05 am 

Yeah I use them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:39 am 

Some people will have noticed that this product was marked "out of stock" some weeks ago at Drylife/IncoShop in the UK. I contacted them a few weeks ago and was told they were "waiting for confirmation from the manufacturer". I emailed them again today and this was the response:

Quote:
Regrettably, this product has been discontinued by ourselves, as we are concentrating on other lines in the Drylife range. However, this may change in the future.

I can advise that Abena manufactured their M4/L4 product as the Drylife X Plus for us in the UK, however, this product may still be manufactured for sale with other companies in different countries. You may contact Abena directly for more information on this as they may be able to advise where they can be purchased.

I am pleased to advise that we do usually, have the Betterdry and Northshore in stock. However, we are currently awaiting another delivery of these lines, this is not expected to be available for atleast 6 weeks.

I ordered some of the 'Premium' L4s from IncoChoice last week; when they arrived, I found that it had been subject to the same redesign as Abena's other adult nappies; they have the central 'chassis' as they call it, and the wings attached for securing them, yet in my experience with the L2s, these are prone to coming detached when they are pulled firmly to secure them properly. I also find that they don't fit nearly as well as the old-fashioned hourglass shaped nappies. Clearly a 'modular' design for their own efficiency (the price hasn't gone down, natch), not for wearer comfort or security.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:01 am 

HumanFly wrote:
Some people will have noticed that this product was marked "out of stock" some weeks ago at Drylife/IncoShop in the UK. I contacted them a few weeks ago and was told they were "waiting for confirmation from the manufacturer". I emailed them again today and this was the response:

Quote:
Regrettably, this product has been discontinued by ourselves, as we are concentrating on other lines in the Drylife range. However, this may change in the future.

I can advise that Abena manufactured their M4/L4 product as the Drylife X Plus for us in the UK, however, this product may still be manufactured for sale with other companies in different countries. You may contact Abena directly for more information on this as they may be able to advise where they can be purchased.

I am pleased to advise that we do usually, have the Betterdry and Northshore in stock. However, we are currently awaiting another delivery of these lines, this is not expected to be available for atleast 6 weeks.

I ordered some of the 'Premium' L4s from IncoChoice last week; when they arrived, I found that it had been subject to the same redesign as Abena's other adult nappies; they have the central 'chassis' as they call it, and the wings attached for securing them, yet in my experience with the L2s, these are prone to coming detached when they are pulled firmly to secure them properly. I also find that they don't fit nearly as well as the old-fashioned hourglass shaped nappies. Clearly a 'modular' design for their own efficiency (the price hasn't gone down, natch), not for wearer comfort or security.

Not out of stock for me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:05 am 

JDavis wrote:
Not out of stock for me.

They are; I just checked. The Super type (based on the old design ID Slip) is still in stock.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:15 am 

Drylife/IncoShop now have the Slip X-plus back in stock. I presume this is the same product they were selling previously, ie. the rebranded Abenas. I've ordered a case as BetterDry's availability is spotty, plus I found these very comfortable when I last used them.