www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new here
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:46 am 

Hey everyone, Mia here.
It's nice to see a dedicated place for ladies.
Just some info about me... I'm currently in college and going to be transferring this year,.
I'm both bladder and bowel incontinent and have been most of my life.
It started when I was small, I had an infection and got all sorts of complications, long story short I had lots of muscle and nerve damage to that 'area' which caused it. Because of this I'm also having frequent bowel accidents during the day, and every night as well. It's been a little hard dealing with the diapers as a girl but I've gotten through pretty well. I've gone through a lot of doctors and lots of options which just weren't possible because of my medication complications. Anyway it'll be nice to get to know some fellow ladies who are going through similar situations and get advice and tips. If anyone has any questions I too am okay with answering.

Post subject: Re: new here
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:58 pm 

Hi Mia
Welcome to the group. I'm a rather old member of the group. But probably one of the most active females in the past. This is my first time posting in almost a year.

I'm similar to you. I've had to wear protection in so for or anther my whole life. For my I only have a bladder issue.
You stated something about being in diapers being female. How it's hard to dress so you don't show. We women have it good compared to the guys. Skirts dresses are a huge plus! Look for a post we had years ago called. What not to wear. It's a very lengthy thread about how to dress when having to wear diapers. Just to let you know most of the time I have to wear thick diapers. Because I have almost no bladder control. I wear loose fitting pants. ALWAYS WEAR DARK COLLORS. Black is best. As much as possible I wear my shirt hanging out. And prefer it to be longer the better. This helps cover the diaper area. Flannel shirts work great this time of year. But then I've always been a little rednecky.
Hope this information. Helps
.............Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:20 pm 

Sandy wrote:
Hi Mia
Welcome to the group. I'm a rather old member of the group. But probably one of the most active females in the past. This is my first time posting in almost a year.

I'm similar to you. I've had to wear protection in so for or anther my whole life. For my I only have a bladder issue.
You stated something about being in diapers being female. How it's hard to dress so you don't show. We women have it good compared to the guys. Skirts dresses are a huge plus! Look for a post we had years ago called. What not to wear. It's a very lengthy thread about how to dress when having to wear diapers. Just to let you know most of the time I have to wear thick diapers. Because I have almost no bladder control. I wear loose fitting pants. ALWAYS WEAR DARK COLLORS. Black is best. As much as possible I wear my shirt hanging out. And prefer it to be longer the better. This helps cover the diaper area. Flannel shirts work great this time of year. But then I've always been a little rednecky.
Hope this information. Helps
.............Sandy

Hey sandy,
Definitely skirts are a plus, I have a few mobility issues so skirts are much easier to change in. With the protection I use I don't tend to leak at all, I also have no control or even feeling of wetting but before the incontinence has a chance to overflow the diaper I have a bowel accident. For my bowels it's the same situation, I have no feeling or control, also it's very frequent, usually 4 times a day I'll have a bowel accident and it's always unpredictable times......

I'll try and see if I can find the post of what not to wear, though after nearly 18 years of wearing protection I too have some idea of what to avoid.

Anyway nice meeting you sandy!
-mia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:33 pm 

Hi Mia
I was on another forum awhile back. There was a thread about having issues with both one and two. They were talking about butt plugs as away to control bowl movements. They seemed.fairly positive about it. Nothing I'd look into myself. Being I have no need for that. But thought I would share it with you..........Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:29 pm 

Yeah, I've actually tried, but there's too much discomfort, after the infection I got that"area" is quite sensitive. It's just too much pain to bear got an entire day... Even a few minutes of it is just something I prefer to avoid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:46 am 

Hi Mia. Welcome to the message board. I'm not on here often. If You send a private message I believe it will notify Me. I'm a disabled mother & wife. I have been dealing with double incontinence to one degree or another for over 20 years now. As well as many other medical issues. A long story. It helps to talk with others. Hope You are enjoying collage. I miss that time period in My life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:36 am 

Ladies, pardon me for intruding. Sandy is right. There is a discussion of medical anal plugs for bowel incontinence in the forum "Dealing with fecal incontinence." I was the author and recommend the use of anal plugs when other therapies fail.

The plugs prevent bowel accidents and the odor associated with them. They insert like a tampon and expand after insertion. Not everyone tolerates the plugs well. There is a learning curve to inserting them properly.

Note that these are not the "butt plugs" mentioned in fetish forums.

I just ordered another batch of plugs yesterday. Feel free to ask any question in the forums or to PM me with private questions.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:13 pm 

Welcome Mia.
Always nice to add another female.
We do hav a great advantage as we can wear dresses and skirts.
I also often wear a tunic over my trousers. That hides what needs to be hidden.
To compete with us ladies, guys have to take on the arab look and wear a robe...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:40 pm 

optimist wrote:
Welcome Mia.
Always nice to add another female.
We do hav a great advantage as we can wear dresses and skirts.
I also often wear a tunic over my trousers. That hides what needs to be hidden.
To compete with us ladies, guys have to take on the arab look and wear a robe...

Yes it is rare to find a person dealing with similar situations especially bowel incontinence can feel really isolating amidst the constant stress of it