Post a reply

Re: 12 months now with the Foley and what a mess I am in.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:11 pm

This is true! Well keep my fingers crossed that they mark it as urgent so you're seen much quicker.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Best wishes for you, Dave......from one catheter user to another......I hope you recover quickly.......

Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:27 am

Thanks pb&j32. Just wondering what type of catheter do you have?.

4wheeldave.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:40 am

6 months sounds far too long to have to put up with what you describe--the infection you describe sounds severe. I'm from the U.S., so forgive me if this isn't how things actually work--but can you make a very loud, clear point about how bad this infection is to the urologist (assuming he isn't already aware) and firmly communicate why he needs to mark your case as urgent? I'm not a doctor, but when I hear the words 'cysts on testicles, prostate infection, bladder infection, brown liquid from urethra, infection for 6 weeks' it sets off alarm bells in my head that say 'this sounds very severe and could be dangerous.' Please take care.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 am

Absolutely Ender I will be laying it on thick when I see the urologist on the 23rd. On a more positive note there are signs that the antibiotics are working the brown discharge had totally stopped and I have now done 2 weeks and 3 days without getting poorly the longest period since Christmas Day.

Thanks for all your encouragements.

4wheeldave.
Post a reply