www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:00 pm 
Admin

Hello everyone, does anyone else use the Underwear style pull-up, be it Tena or the any other brand for daytime protection when a full diaper is not necessary, either at home, or in another place where the bathroom is close but you never know (the just in case factor)? I like to have something on whenever I leave the house, and at work, I can get to the bathroom anytime I need to, but don't trust my quirky plumbing enough to go bare-back ;-) I have always used the Depends for Men, they are much cheaper when on sale, and do the job needed when called upon, but could sure use some perking up. I saw an ad for Tena for Men and they stated they have increased absorbancy by 40 % so I caught them on sale at $17.99 with a $3 off sticker on the package for a 16 pack. They are about as much per unit as the "Super" full mat diaper I use for daytime out of the house when I do not go to work and am taking in more fluids. Well, they have definitely done some improving in this incontinence aid as I did try a sample when they first started making them and they were not enough coverage for a 300 ml output, they are better in many ways then the Depends are, only the price is what I do not like. The other thing they skipped out on is that there is no size SMALL only a Med/Lg which work, but without compression shorts would be too loose to do any good. All in all, if I can get them on sale, I will most likely switch over, if not then just stay with what works for that infrequent time I need it to at work, :-) Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:58 am 

Puffy,
I use a "pull up" diaper early in the morning when I leave my home on the way to my local YMCA. I just need protection for about 30 to 60 minutes. I have tried the Tena brand and the Depend brand and both don't work near as well as the store brands that CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid carry. They are much cheaper and absorb much, much better. I can find a bag on sale for a bag of 16 for $8 0r $9. Check them out!......... Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:03 pm 
Admin

The only problem with the other brands is that the stores you listed are all in the US, I am in Canada, so there are big differences in availability of brands here, most I have never seen. I did see the local pharmacy can get Prevail and ATN products in on a request, but for me a pullup is just backup in case of kind of a thing, and for tat I liked the Tena for men better. Wish we had your prices as well! Up here on sale is 13.99 and higher for either Tena or Depend, :shock: have to wait till they go on sale and restock the cupboard, 8) Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:09 pm 
Admin

Puffy,
How are you? If your incontinence is fairly light, the Tena for men should suit your needs. I used them when I first became ill and my incontinence came out. It started with dribbling and light leaking. I would rarely have a complete wetting. This was about 3 years ago when I was still in the Marine Corps. I wore the Tena pullups (before they were redesigned) under my military workout gear. It was green shorts with a green t-shirt. The shorts were like little green running shorts. Not terribly thick. I wore the pullups under these. Only a couple of my fellow Marines knew this. For the most part, nobody was the wiser. They served their purpose well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:10 pm 
Admin

Hey Don, I am good, the heat has arrived here this last 2 weeks, now that school has started (kids are not too happy about it!), got over 100F a few of the more recent days I am sure, too hot for me to have much ummmmph to want to do anything extra-curricular. I am doing my damndest to avoid a pull-up during the work-day, so far this last 2 weeks it has worked out well, I just have to be on my guard at ALL times. I am surrounded by bathrooms, so I just stick to the schedule I have set out, and go directly to and from work with a bathroom trip before I leave. Unless I hit a major delay or accident on the way home, I am O.K., it is the 'what if" that gets me worried... Monitoring fluid intake during the day is also on the radar at all times, I don't over do it at work, too busy anyhow. Afternoons out on the town and travelling are still a problem needing protection, but this is step one, will see how it is in a few months, if I get that far in being so brave! :lol: Now if it would cool off a tad, I would be much happier, not a fan of it when it is that hot out. Dinner awaits, Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:42 am 

I use a nightime pullup inside my Abena X-Plus, that way I can go into the restroom, take the used pullup off and toss it without having to take a diaper with me. Some people would think that's too much bulk but I even sometimes add a doubler or size 6 baby diaper in there too. Just depends (no pun intended) on what I'm going to be doing.