www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:55 pm 

Hello,

I have been using first quality briefs for a long time since June. They are good with guards for men but they don't last long enough on me. I have
urge incontinence so I need the best in protection. I was wondering what can I do to improve the absorbancy of the brief. Anything suggested please let me know thanks. Adam E.

Post subject: Needs more absorbancy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:42 am 

Hi Adam,
Thanks for posting on our forum. I've no experience with the First Quality brief, so I'll leave that for others to comment on. I will suggest you try different diapers, such as Abena, Molicare, Tenna.

However if you have a specific like/need for the First Quality brief and want more absorbancy than than the guards are adding, look into diaper boosters.

Visit XP Medical (see his link on our links page) and you will see a lot of diapers to consider and look at the boosters, there are small ones and now a good size booster from Abena that makes virtually any diaper into a star performer.

(As an aside, I think he is running a sale now on light duty Abenas which are very discreet but still beat out diapers like Attends, Depend for absorbancy)

I will also assume you are very concerned about bulk and discreteness but will just add what most of us have been saying for some time. The fear that someone is going to notice your diaper is way over rated. It just doesn't happen. I know that may not help a great deal if you are convinced that "everyone" can tell you are wearing a diaper, but I hope if you hear it often enough from enough different people, you will start to believe us, people really can't see that you might be wearing a diaper.
Joe K

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:12 pm 

I am right now at a public library computer wearing the first quality ib full mat brief and only wet it twice and the whole seat of my pants is wet, wonder how I will leave this place with out embarisment. Do not recomend this product.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm 

I don't mind those briefs The full mat ones are the best in my opinion. Granted they are lacking in the absorbency department :? But I like the fit they give me. As long as I use a full length booster. My favorite is the Tranquility full contour boosters. Thoes briefs aren't bad. I'm also a big fan of the six tape waist band attends. But again you have to use a booster. Attends aren't much without the booster....................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 pm 

I guess I wouild recomend the ib full matt to anybody with IBS as they have never leaked loose stool even at its worst! If they just held more urine they would be perfect in everyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:17 pm 

I use Huggies Overnites as a soaker inside of my disposable diapers. First, cut each tab off of the diaper and make a cut in the cover of the diaper so the wetness can transfer into the adult diaper. The inner leak guards of the baby diaper also protect against leaks if wetting fast. I seldom have leaks now and totally trust this diaper combination. The other bonus is you can wet the diaper more than once and still not leak.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:42 pm 

An incon friend told me about the huggies thing too. The are great. They save me a ton of money.