www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best pullup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:32 am 

I normally use tape on diapers due to ease of changing and being more absorbent. I will be traveling to Ireland and Scotland this September for 3 weeks with several others. Packing enough diapers for that amount of time takes up a lot of luggage space. I am thinking of switching to pullups for that time. I would like some advice on what others use. I have read that Tranquility overnights and Tena overnights are good. Are they absorbent enough? What I hate about pullups is the wide elastic waistband with not as much front and back coverage. An unrelated anxiety I have about this trip is trying to keep my incontinence hidden from my fellow travelers...hiding my need for diapers. Thanks for any advice.

Post subject: Re: Best pullup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:48 am 

For a disposable pullup, I recommend the NorthShore Care GoSupreme Pull-On. I have used cases of these pulups. Although I normally use taped diapers, there also is a time when pullups are appropriate.

Pullups are great for medical appointments where you may have to remove your diaper. My dermatologist checks ALL my skin, even under the diaper. A pullup makes it much easier.

When I wear a pullup out of the home, such as to a doctor's office, I usually also wear a PUL diaper cover.

I have tried several pullups and the NorthShore GoSupreme seems to be the best for me. It is more absorbent than the competition and has both good leg gathers and internal leak guards. :D

--John
(double incontinent)

Post subject: Re: Best pullup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:52 pm 

I prefer the Molicare Mobile pull-up, especially when traveling. Abena also makes an excellent premium pull-up called Abri-Flex and I've used those with good success too. I haven't really tried the Northshore premium pull-ups but they make top notch products and I am sure they are very good too.
When I know I'm going to be out and about for a good portion (or even all) of the day I will add a male guard pad to my premium pull-up, and just in case keep an extra pad in my pocket. When you feel that the pad is getting full simply remove and replace the pad. You can also just remove the pad and use the pull-up alone if you feel it will suffice for the rest of the day. As always a bit of experimentation in a fairly controlled environment is a good idea to see what works best for you.