www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:01 pm 

I've been looking for a 4-8 hr solution for my urge IC at venues without a toilet within easy reach. So today I tested the GoSupreme pull-up for 8.5 hours with excellent results.

It is one hefty pull-up but it delivers. The diaper wicks well and within minutes feels fairly dry after a wetting. While the absorbent padding is thick, it was well placed and reasonably comfortable for sitting. This is important for sporting events and picnics in the park. I didn't notice any clumping. The front was well covered for males and the diaper had very little swelling with wetness (no Pinocchio pants!) Because it was a pull-up, I was able to easily use a toilet for bowel movements when necessary. I think this last factor will probably keep me in pull-ups for now.

I did wear a PUL pant over it because I was testing (in public in fact). I think that helped to minimize the smell of urine. My urine can be smelly after a morning coffee.

After removing the GoSupreme and showering at the end of the day, I put on a Tranquility DayTime to use up a sample. It felt like I had put on underwear! Such a contrast in protection. The GoSupreme really is supreme.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:21 pm 

Wayne:
The Northshore GoSupreme is a great pull-up no doubt about it. However there are two others in the same league with it and you may want to try them to compare and see which works best for you. Specifically the Abena Abri-Flex and Molicare Mobile. Both are excellent premium pull-up diapers and are in the same league as the GoSupreme.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:28 am 

I have tried to order the Abena Abri-Flex as sample but they are sold out at the moment. The Molicare Mobile doesn't offer a sample where I order from but the lower price makes it interesting. I will keep them in mind, thanks.

Abena Abri-Flex is $30.99 Cdn for 14 at healthwick.ca.
The Molicare Mobile is only $21.99 Cdn for 14.
The NorthShore GoSupreme is $29.99 Cdn for 14 (32 oz).

That is something to think about. I'll have to dig up the capacities info.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:53 pm 

After gaining more time/experience with GoSupremes, I feel that I should qualify my earlier remarks for posterity sake.

For now, these remain my emergency go to protection when I need absorbency in a hurry, for a length of time away from home. But otherwise these are not as comfortable as I would like. The padding between the legs is uncomfortable to sit on (for female absorbency). The male front side is thick and absorbent also. But this can puff out Pinocchio style quite a bit depending on wetting. There was one occasion that I didn't realize this until I got home. I think this may explain why the one store helper guy seemed to be staring at me after loading my truck. Then again, I may be paranoid. Just be aware of that possibility.

I find that the tabbed briefs are much more comfortable, when several hours are required. As suggested earlier however, I do need to try the Abena Abri-Flex or Molicare Mobile pull-ups as perhaps better emergency standbys.