www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:22 pm 

I haven't tried these in an active setting, like playing badminton. But I would think that these would be more "mobile" than say a soggy GoSupreme. Sigh, there is so much to consider for a simple park event.[/quote]

It will become easier the more times you go out. The important thing is to wear the protection you need. Perhaps briefs work best when you are out in public and may need changing. An accident while playing badminton will feel worse than wearing a brief. Wearing a product that won't allow you to fully relax and enjoy yourself is less than ideal. I worry more about leaks than I do about brief vs pull up (although I don't have a choice in my protection level). You do have many options and I think the most important thing is to keep doing the things you like to do.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:59 pm 

Having options is good. When the model-T Ford only came in black, black or black, choosing the colour was easy. But I think I generally agree with your comments ("The important thing is to wear the protection you need.") My challenge is to sort out what I really need.

Wearing a brief doesn't bother me (it's more comfortable). But it does mean that when I head off to the washrooms to change, that I will need to bring a plastic bag + new brief (or laptop bag). That means skulking away without in-laws offering to walk with me to the washrooms (and wondering what the bag is for).

OTOH, a pull-up with a booster, only requires me to bring a plastic bag in a pocket of my cargo shorts. That buys me perhaps 1.5 hours. I could probably discretely bring another booster for that first booster change. But the booster + GoSupreme seems bulky for badminton. I guess I just need to order those boosters and try it.

I know I am stressing too much about this. This will be my first time in front of the larger family circle with in-laws etc. in my IC and needing to last maybe 6 hours. I'm just trying to avoid unnecessarily embarrass my wife. She has been supportive of me in her own way. Thank-you LucOllie for your comments.