www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:09 pm 

I know what you all are thinking, there's no way a diaper from WalMart (Assurance Brand) can possibly be any good, that's what I thought too. With the summer heat and humidity about to start I've been looking for something even cooler (and hopefully will stay up better) than the cloth sided diapers I now have. When I saw these at WalMart I thought the stretchy abbreviated sides might work for me and purchased a L/XL pack of 16 for about $7 ($.45 each). I wasn't expecting a lot from these but I was very pleasantly surprised after using the first few. They have some of the tallest standing inner leak guards (1.5") that I have seen, as good or better than some of the super premium diapers, and good leg elastics. They seem to have a fair amount of SAP and are thicker than expected. The wicking is about average and the capacity is good for 2-3 of my moderate sized wettings. After using nearly the entire pack I haven't had even a tiny leak yet!

I really like the super stretchy sides and they work great to keep the diaper in place, even when doing yard work! I live in a hot and humid climate and due to the abreviated (about 6" wide) sides of these they keep me very cool. The sizing of the L/XL 45-64" seems about true to size and they feature a nice wide crotch. I had to slightly overlap the wide velcro tabs to fit my 42" waist but I like the overall size of the diaper so overlapping the tapes wasn't a problem. To be sure these are not premium diapers, and some may not like the "abbreviated" style, but they are a great value when you consider the price.

Attachment:
Assurance Stretch Briefs 1.jpg
Assurance Stretch Briefs 1.jpg [ 32.76 KiB | Viewed 5502 times ]

Attachment:
Assurance Stretch Brief 2.jpg
Assurance Stretch Brief 2.jpg [ 38.88 KiB | Viewed 5502 times ]

Attachment:
Assurance Stretch Briefs 3.jpg
Assurance Stretch Briefs 3.jpg [ 85.67 KiB | Viewed 5502 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:13 pm 

Just a quick update on the Assurance Stretch Briefs now that I've gotten a chance to use quite a few more of them...
I've been doing a lot of yard work lately and I am glad to find that the super stretchy sides do indeed keep the diapers in place, even with doing some really "active" work. As I had seen before the diapers were able to take a few wettings without any leaks but I did find that after a few hours of yard work they had clumped up quite a bit. Seeing that I was glad I didn't try to extend the use of that pair any longer. So, they're not a long duration or heavy use diaper if you're really active, but still a surprisingly good 3-4 hour one for "normal" use.