www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:41 am 

Years ago I purchased a couple of Gary high waist heavy gauge plastic pants. They have performed well for several years now, and I have had no wet beds. But my last pair, is showing signs of wear now, at the legs. Plastic is starting to crack there. This is the only place they show signs of wearing out.
I really liked these plasticpants from Gary, but it seems they are not produced anymore. So I'm looking for alternative, yet just as durable pants.
Does anyone have recommendations for a high waist waterproof pant, that can last more than what is usual with the cheap ones from China.
Actually I try to avoid buying anything from China.......

Pul pants are also in my considerations. Use Gary activewear on top of my disposables, during the day. But they are not high waist pants. Which is what I'm looking for.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:25 am 

This is an easy one, buy Leakmaster PUL pants from Adult Cloth Diaper Co. They are the exact same excellent quality as Gary PUL pants ( I suspect they are made by Gary) but are cut quite a bit bigger all the way around. They say in the text they aren't an extended waist but I find them to be at least 2"-3" (if not more) taller than the Gary Activewear pants. They also have them in a side-snap style which I really like for daytime as they breath much better due to the gaps between the snaps. I even leave a snap or two unsnapped to increase air flow for the hot and humid days here in Florida. They also sell their Leakmaster Deluxe plastic pants which are heavy weight vinyl and they mention that they have an extended waist so if you want vinyl that may be what you are looking for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:55 am 

I recommend the No-Wick Hi-Back PUL pants sold by DriWear and its sister company Fetware. The model number is NWHBPUL. These pants are made by Gary and size Large is $28.95. I wear them nightly and have had no leaks. They last a very long time (I rinse and wash by hand).

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:44 am 

Gary still makes the heavy gauge tall plastic pants. Several on-line vendors sell them and you can also find them on Amazon. The wrapped elastic at the waist and the legs are the wear points. Wrapping the elastic with the vinyl eliminates the wicking that can happen with regular elastic. However, the bunched vinyl does wear faster and eventually cracks. Careful washing will extend the life of the pants but the gathered material at the waist and legs will eventually crack and become uncomfortable. At this point I simply replace them. Having at least 6 pairs in use at any time allows me to allow them a chance to dry slowly and this helps get the maximum life out of each pair.