www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:31 am 

Hello everyone, I'm not new to the forums. I had an account awhile back but I had to remake one because I forgot my info. Going to re-introduce myself. Hi my name is Tom, I am a 25 year old male and I deal with urinary and bowel incontinence. I have Multiple Sclerosis and a Neurogenic bladder, also I have Scoliosis. A little bit about myself, currently I lived on SSI for a few years because of my bipolar, now that I feel I have it under control I want to try and put my feet in the work force and get a part time job see how it goes, like trying to work at a grocery store. The simple reason why I want a job its because I dont want to rely on SSI forever and I want to improve my life, and Im not going to let my medical conditions get in my way.

Now that my introduction is over, my question is this. What premium diaper is best for while working? I know of Abena xplus, molicare super plus and Dry 24/7. But I want to know which one would be the best for moving around without worrying about leaks and one that I can rely on with a lot of walking. I currently do get diapers through my insurance in michigan. But my problem is my current providers' best product they carry is Tranquility ATN and those have a high chance of leaking while I'm more active, but they do work for a few hours if I'm at home while I'm not doing much. Is there a way to get medicaid to cover better diapers like the premium ones? if not I would buy them online with the money I make from my job, but I was just wondering if I could cut costs first.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:15 am 

If your incontinence is light enough, absorbent, disposable pull-up pants are likely the best thing, or at least the most popular thing. Different brands have different capacities. Abena makes what is probably the highest capacity pull-up, but the product is as thick or thicker than some tape-on diapers. A big disadvantage of pull-ups is that you need to take off your trousers and shoes each time you change. That is a major disadvantage if you need to change in a public washroom where the floor may not be clean and dry. There are also a number of excelent tape-on diapers to consider, some of which are slim enough to be reasonably stealthy in a work or sports environment.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:00 am 

I wear the tape-on diapers because I leak heavily during the day and night, also having bowel leaks. pull ups don't work at all for me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:41 am 

I used to use Dry 24/7 but they can't figure out if they want to be in business or not lately. Unlike that business my incontinence "business" is alive & well. So I went to Total DryX Plus with the Total Dry ultimate boosters. Glad I made the change because they work very well. I get them from Bambino Diapers which is one of those AB/DL sites but it seems that they are a very good company & have read they respond well if there are problems. I order on a Sunday & can count on supplies being at my door on Friday. Seems like they are a company that tries hard & to me that means something

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:02 am 

Kakapo: I only have urinary incontinence, so guess i am lucky. I wear tena pads, or drynite pyjama pants. They are comfortable, affordable and work well for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:55 am 

I woud reommend either the Abri Super PLus M4, Molicare Super Plus, and maybe the one brand that is even better that you should try is the Tena Slip Maxi. This a very thin diaper, but don't let looks fool you. This is probably one of the best diapers on the market. Ask Gary to send you a same pack and try some different brand diapers so you know for sure which is best for you.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:51 pm 
Admin

The brand I prefer is the Molicare Super Plus. I wear them by day at work. They hold up real well and don't leak. They absorb wetness very quickly, even when seated, so it doesn't leak out the diaper. I wore abena M3 by day for years but had a problem leaking out the sides when sitting down. Molicare solved that problem. I've been using them for a couple years now. I still wear abena M4 and abena abri-let boosters at night for heavy voids. You have to find what works for you.