www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best Booster Pads?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:59 pm 

I tried a small NS Booster inside of an Abri-Flex M3 last weekend when I was running errands. That allowed me last for 6 hours. But better than that, it was comfortable. There is something about the NS booster materials or the way that it is made that left it feeling comfortable even when wet. I expect that may not be true with cheaper brands.

The advice to use a small booster was good. Any larger and it would have been too much. The Abri-Flex + booster should take care of my needs for family BBQs in the park this summer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:41 pm 

Hi

Lille Healthcare Classic Insert Pad - Maxi Is my go to booster pad.

Hope this helps.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:01 am 

I’ve used boosters from Northshore a fair amount when using a disposable, which seems to work well.
I also use one or two (yellow) microfiber towels from Sams or Costco (in the car care areas) folded together in 1/3s , which fits INSIDE THE LEAK GUARDS. These towels can easily be rinsed and laundered. They assist in wicking moisture up into more of the diaper and seem to reduce clumping issues.
Finally, I sometimes use a Tena Intimate incontinence pad inside the disposable. They have a waterproof backing but overflow empties into the diaper and seems to increase the capacity a lot, though can become uncomfortable if the pad becomes saturated. It’s a good solution when changing is restricted - without the bulk of a thicker diaper (like megamax or a diaper/booster combo). The folded microfiber towel(s) achieve the same long term protection without the bulk.