www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:27 am 

I guess my attitude toward the AB/DL crowd is live and let live. What folks do behind close doors or wear under their jeans is not really my business. Over the years, my medical situation has repeatedly forced me to accept assistance with my diapering needs. I have never seen this as fun-and-games; it is simply a requirement of my medical condition. If I have a fetish, it is (appropriately on July 4) the demand for my independence. I surrender that independence only when it is absolutely necessary. And, each time I have surrendered it, I have fought to regain it ASAP.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:05 pm 

Patrick
I have been in the very same circumstances as you and shared the same feelings. Three months of traction and a life time of recovery have supplied me with many of the same experiences. Keep up the good fight for your own personal dignity.

Dean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:12 pm 

ILuvLA, that is excellent feedback about product quality and performance! Thank you. I compare everything to a Dry 24/7 as that is my main diaper. A friend sometimes uses the RearZ diapers and has commented favorably on their performance, although noting that they are pricey.

DJC, your better half must be quite a woman. I really admire her attitude of trying out what her patients will have to use. I like your story about watching the sunset in diapers and onesies - Awww. That's cute! :D

--John

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:19 pm 

I did luck out with Kathy, and you know she not hard to look at either. Ouch she just punched me in the shoulder. She reads along with me in this site.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:50 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
... I compare everything to a Dry 24/7 ...

Likewise, I do too! For what the 24/7's can do, I find them to be a good value. As for the Rearz, I tend to use them only when I travel. The length of time between a needed change is fantastic. And if I have a chance to make it to a bathroom, then the plastic landing zone type of tape system easily allows for a quick off and on again.

ILuvLA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:20 pm 

24/7s are not available in Canada any more, I will miss them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:16 pm 

As for the AB/DL, I agree live and let live, but I don't understand it. Overtime preferences change and what used to work really doesn't fit the bill anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:04 am 

Batman, you do not have to understand the abdl thing. If you wear diapers and have no need to wear them then you probably understand it. If you are incontinent and have to wear diapers it is a whole different world. What your diapers look like is not important when you have to wear them. Those that wear diapers that have prints, color, design, etc. either are trying to cope with something that is very hard to cope with or...have a very relaxed attitude and/or sense of humor. If you are incontinent you are so far removed from that abdl place it can't even be measured. Papa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:21 am 

Thanks Papa for putting it into prospective. The summer months reminds me how much I hate diapers as they are hot and uncomfortable, but I am preaching to the choir on that one.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:00 pm 

I used to study breeding behavior in the animal kingdom, so preference and sexual practices are subjects I'm academically quite familiar with.

I find human sexuality to be a particularly interesting subject. Humans are full of sexual practices and paraphilias that serve no logical purpose. A lot of the unusual ones seem rooted in neurological connections that illicit erroneous positive emotional responses.

I conceptually understand the idea that diapers provide security, and could harken back to childhood experiences of being cared for, but I don't emotionally understand the connection to an inanimate object. It really seems like adobe wires are crossed, but as long as it doesn't hurt me, I won't stand in judgment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next