www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:27 am 

Thanks msshendo for your recommendation of the Northshore Care's breathable diapers. I shall give them a try along with the Abena Abriform Air Plus L4.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:18 pm 

Gary, of XP Med, was kind enough to respond to a question I sent him about the future availability of the Super Seni Quatro diapers.

Gary noted that there can be four months, or even more, between his order and the delivery of diapers from Europe, which come to him in 40-ft. containers. He has been ordering a little more of the Seni's each time, but has found it difficult to predict the rate with which they will sell.

It seems that, for a while at least, there may be gaps in availability. I have been ordering by the case and will have to decide whether it is worth ordering two cases at a time (and probably incurring the wrath of my otherwise supportive wife who will not appreciate the storage space required).

Meanwhile, I have ordered a case of ConfiDry 24/7's from Gary. For breathables, I currently am working on a case of Abena Abriform Air Plus L4's and then will take msshendo's recommendation to try the Northshore Care breathable diapers.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:02 am 

I am pleased to note that XP Med has the Seni Quatro back in stock.

Also, XP Med is offering the Seni SuperPlus which Gary says is comparable to the Abena "3." As the "Quatro" has a total absorbent capacity of 4 Litres, the SuperPlus may be satisfactory for most daytime wear.

XP Med describes the SuperPlus as being: "fully featured, with standing leak guards, refastenable tapes and both front and rear waistbands. They use a heavy gauge waterproof barrier inside that eliminates stretching, sagging and weeping, while the outer surface is a soft and very finely textured, greatly reducing skin irritation and friction." That sounds like the SuperPlus has all of the advantages of the Quatro less the 4 Litre capacity, but at a lower price.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:50 am 

I have tried a sample of the Seni Super Plus I got from XP Med. It is a good, very comfortable diaper and seems excellent for those times when a Seni Quatro is more than you need. The tapes and internal leak guards are the same as on the more expensive Seni Quatro.

I have not found absorption specifications, but the statement from XP Med that it is comparable to the Abena Level 3 seems accurate.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:44 pm 

Recently I received a sample of the Seni pull-ups from XP Med. As would be expected, they are good, well constructed, and comfortable. I cannot state the absorption capacity, but expect it to be fairly high based on the other Seni products I have tried or that have been reviewed.

My favorite pull-ups are the Abena Abriflex, the Tranqulity Premium Overnight. Right now I would place the Seni pull-up in the middle between the other two.

--John

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:58 pm 

Thanks for commenting on the pull up version, John. I just noticed the other day its availability as a new product. As you know from our past discussions, I can't use brief style products. I'm a regular Abena user, which I find excellent, but am always on the lookout for alternatives that are equally effective or better and preferably less expensive should something untoward happen to our Abena supply. Up until now, Tranquility was also my second choice. Unfortunately, found Northshore Care's recently introduced premium pull ups quite disappointing at this time and was considering the Seni. I will need a new supply of something within a few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:06 pm 

Zenute,

Yes, you convinced me that the Abena Abriflex pull-ups are the best on the market. The Tranquility Premium Overnight are good and fit me very well, but I compared the two side-by-side and the absorbent mat in the Abena is considerably larger than in the Tranquility. IMHO better for flooding, particularly by males.

As you know, I found Northshore Care's pull-up to be disappointing. That was unexpected considering their success with their other products.

If you find another good pull-up please let us all know.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:34 pm 

Alas, my beloved Seni Quatro is on backorder from XP Medical. :( More expected 15 July.

For a slightly less absorbent diaper, the Seni Super Plus has all of the features (leak guards, waist elastics, wetness indicators, refasten able tapes) of the Seni Quatro, but with less absorbency and at an attractively lower price, about $1.17 when purchased by the Case from XP Med. The Seni Super Plus also, IMHO, stretches less and therefore sags less than other breathable diapers.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:28 pm 

This is a review of a wet and messy Seni Super Plus diaper with a cloth-like shell. For the sake of specificity, the review necessarily is TMI.

As the Seni Quatro temporarily is out of stock at Gary's XP Medical, it seems appropriate to look at the Seni Super Plus, which currently is available.

The Seni Super Plus has the same general characteristics as the Seni Quatro, except that it has less absorbency, roughly comparable to an Abena Abriform Premium Air Plus L-3, and is less expensive.

This week I wore the Seni Super Plus on my early morning exercise walk. This was before my daily enema procedure, and, as I am bowel incontinent, a fecal accident is commonplace during my walk. Because of that, I always take a route which keeps me away from other people. The circumstance offered a good opportunity to test the Seni Super Plus in real world "field conditions."

I previously had applied a zinc oxide barrier cream for skin protection. After shaking out the diaper, I ran my finger along the internal leak guards to free them from the backing. I folded the diaper lengthwise to form a shallow trough down the center line. I pre-stretched the diaper to remove some of the elasticity at the waist. I taped the diaper snugly but not overly tight and reinforced the tapes with Duck tape, which I do for most diapers. Of course, I wore plastic pants.

At about 1/2 mile into my walk I had a full-void bowel accident. I walked another full mile with the messy diaper to complete my walk and return to my house. At some point I also peed about 10 ounces so that the diaper was both wet and messy. En route home I sat briefly on two park benches. Of course, every time we sit down with a messy diaper we increase the likelihood of a leak, but it also made a good test. Upon returning home I sat again to remove shoes, trousers, and the plastic pants.

The wet and messy Seni diaper did NOT leak despite my having sat down three times! :D Upon removing the diaper, examination revealed that the internal standing leg guards had done their job of keeping fecal matter in the main channel of the diaper. Some soiled pee had passed over one leak guard but had been contained by the leg gathers. The plastic pants were clean.

Under the circumstances, I consider that to be very good performance by the diaper! The standing leak guards in the Seni diapers are not as tall and aggressive as those in the Dry 24/7 or the Wellness Superio Signature, but certainly are tall enough to be effective.

The Seni Super Plus is sold by the case or in packages of 25 diapers. The cost, when purchased by the case, is $1.17 per diaper, a very good value. :D

Has anyone else tried out this diaper? Please post your impressions.

Gary, are you reading this?

--John

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:18 pm 

I Just would like to note that the good performance of the Seni Super Plus diaper in my previous post was not just a one-time event. I had a repeat performance today (I will skip the TMI), with the same excellent results. Very good diaper for the price.

--John

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next