www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: How do you wear?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:18 am 

I wear underware over my disposable diaper it keeps it inplace and hides the diaper abit can't see my self wearing a onesie since once you in your in I still like to try to make it to the bathroom in time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:03 pm 

I vary from just wearing a pullup on lighter days, to plastic backed with a doubler and PUL pants over.
I almost always wear cotton underwear over, and I throw in a small guest towel to catch leaks.
It has saved me a number of times.
I often wear PUL also because they look less diaperish if I am in exposed situations, like buying clothes.
I will rather that they think my underwear is strange, than showing of my diaper. For example, they may think I would ruin the clothes I try on.
People can have be full of prejudice...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:58 pm 

I wear Comfy Dry 24/7's. During the work week I will wear a pair of urethane pants over them just in case. At home it's just the diaper and a tee shirt or polo shirt around the house and jeans outdoors. Durning the summer months I toss the plastic pants and just go with the diaper under my pants.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:52 pm 

I just wear underwear over a tape nappy, purely for comfort reasons and incase the tapes on my nappy come undone. Also hope this helps keep the nappy in place, when it is wet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:41 am 

These days I tend to wear a Dry 24/7 with a booster, plastic pants (PUL), and either a pair of compression pants or a onesie. Sometimes when I am going to be away from home for an extended period I will wear a onesie over the compression pants. This provides additional support and as the compression pants also apply pressure against the leg gathers and the leg holes of the plastic pants I can more safely wear a diaper to near its limits without leaking.

During the evening, when I am less active and will not be going out I often just wear the diaper and a night shirt.

It is interesting to see how many different solutions we all have.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:24 pm 

I try to wear protection that is appropriate to my situation. At home and when I am sure that I will have ready access to a toilet, I wear disposable or washable pull ups plus plastic pants. At night, at home, I wear heavy double washables with a booster pad, plus polyurethane pants. When I travel, I wear lighter disposable protection during the day, and Molicare or Abena diapers plus a plastic pant at night. My only non-negotiable requirement is that my diaper bag be handy at all times.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:36 am 

Patrick,

At night I wear a disposable diaper with a booster under a street-weight cloth diaper. Are you just placing the booster pad inside the cloth diaper? Have you had any difficulty getting it to stay in place? You mentioned double washables; are you wearing pinned flats?

--John

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:51 pm 

My nighttime protection is a double gauze medium-weight diaper from Adult Cloth Diaper with a gauze booster plus polyurethane pants from Angel Fluff. These are pin-type, although I have used Velcro closures in the past. Pins and Velcro have advantages and disadvantages. Even well-lubricated, pins will eventually tear cloth diapers. Velcro tends to accumulate lint when it's washed, but keeping the Velcro tabs attached while being laundered results in poor-quality washing, which encourages rash. Eventually, the stitching which holds the Velcro tabs comes undone, tearing the diaper almost as much as pins do. I have ordered medium-weight diaper briefs, also from Adult Cloth Diaper. I'm hoping they will work for me.

Recently, my bowel control has deteriorated, making me hope that the briefs will improve management.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:05 pm 

Patrick,

I too had the problem with the Velcro on my cloth diapers but I found a rather simple and effective solution. After I took my turn with diapers wadded up, lint in it and poorly cleaned diapers I got about 5 yards of the loop side of 2 inch Velcro and attach it to the hook part of the Velcro on the diaper. This will keep it open and free of lint and tangles.
Works like a charm.

Rope

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:50 pm 

Rope,

What an excellent idea. My current inventory of washables should last at least another two years. When they need to be replaced I'll order some Velcro tape and adopt your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next