www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: male pullups
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:51 pm 

Early on I gave up on pullups since they just could not handle the flood of urge incontinence but since my bladder capacity has dwindled over the years I am interested in experimenting with them again. I got off the shelf Depends underwear and I am pleased with them. Of course they won't be replacing my Tena Briefs but the Depends do come in handy for those few times when I just need an hour or two of protection and don't want to waste or have to remove and reapply an unsaturated diaper. I find them handy for the gym, Doctor's office visits, and just needing something for an hour before bedtime. Anybody find anything better or cheaper than Depends for this purpose? I do kind of push my luck with the Doctor's office visits in terms of their crappy capacity.

Post subject: Re: male pullups
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:56 am 
Admin

I have used the Depends for men, not a fan of the cost of them though, as far as bang-for-the-buck goes, but they work for the just in case factor for me. I thing the Tena version for men is better, the frontal catch zone is better for Urge issues then the Depends are, but they are also pricey, catch them when they go on sale and it is a much better value. Style-wise Depends real fit are better, but it is'nt a fashion contest now, is it? :lol: The regular Tena protective u/w are way too frilly for me, thanks, and not as good in absorbancy as the "For Men" version. As far as other brands, I have not ventured out there, I also use the Tena Super briefs for anything over an hour or two away from a bathroom... :) Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:45 am 

I am a heavy wetter, I am looking for night time protection. Currently I wear Dry 24/7 however, I have some leaking issues at night since I am a side sleeper.

How does the male Tena perform at night?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:37 pm 
Admin

I don't think you would have any success with it at all, it is really not made for sleeping, more for daytime. If you can give a Dry 24/7 a run and still have a leak issue, then a pull-up will leave you in a lake! :lol: Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:21 pm 

Puffy Pants wrote:
I don't think you would have any success with it at all, it is really not made for sleeping, more for daytime. If you can give a Dry 24/7 a run and still have a leak issue, then a pull-up will leave you in a lake! :lol: Puffy

That is what I was afraid of - was just hoping that something new came around and I wasnt aware of it.

Thanks for the information 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:13 pm 

My only other recent experience was I did try out the Attends Overnight Underwear. I am a fan of their Overnight Briefs since they actually hold enough for overnight purposes, but the underwear style was a major disappointment. I felt pee dribbling down my leg on what was probably only my second wetting of it in less than two hours. It was a weird feeling that reminded me of many years ago before I wore protection 24/7. The only leaks I have ever experience since wearing diapers were butt cheek leaks when sitting down. Females might have better luck with it but for males I think the padding is in the wrong place. I have a bad feeling that is also the case with most pullup style products. I'll try Puffy's suggestion of the Tena for men. Based on my Attends underwear disappointment I am reluctant to try any non gender specific pullup.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 pm 
Admin

I think you will be surprised by them jgrover. :shock: The front pad is a thicker material that amazes me at what it's capacity actually is. I wish the whole area for absorption was made entirely of that stuff! They could also use leak guards on the sides, but in comparison to what else is out there, they are near the tops for us guys... 8) Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:06 pm 
Admin

When my incontinence was on the lighter side, back in 2008, I was in the hospital and they gave me Attends pullups. They worked ok and I always made sure I pointed myself down. They were good for 1 or 2 wettings and seldom failed me as long as I changed them regularly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:54 pm 

The Tena pull up is the best for me, if compared to Depends for men. I use them during the day at home, so if they leak its no big deal. For going out of the house for more and a half hour I use a Tena Super brief, because otherwise I leak by the second wetting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 pm 

I have tried these from depend:

I found that for fecal incontinence they are inadequate and impossible to change in a public restroom as you have to take your pants all the way off to put on a new pair. The depends frontal pad is not very big and I have to assume for urinary incontinence they would only be good for slight problems.

I want to like the pull up types as they are not as bulky and feel more like underwear...... but it's not worth the loss of protection in my book.

The best ones I have found that offer a full pad the goes around the back for fecal incontinence and are reasonably priced are the tranquility overnight pull ups.