www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Privia plastic pants
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:33 am 

Sandy,
I remember seeing those plastic pants somewhere, but I've never tried them. Where do you find those? .......Paul Martin

Post subject: Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:36 pm 

Sandy,

I would stay away from the privia plastic pants. They don't last very well.
I have been very happy with both the poly and nylon pants from Kins.
They work well over cloth diapers and last forever.

Take care,

Tony

Post subject: vinyl overpants
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:55 pm 

I've used COMCO for a long time...at least 10 years.
They are durable, comfortable and very effective.

http://www.comcomfg.com/

This is a USA company and they are USA made, in Minnesota.
I've stopped by at their store several times to pick up their
vinyls when I've been in the St. Paul, Minnesota area. They
may have moved to a new Minnesota location the past year,
but you can still call them toll free or look at their other products
which do include cloth diapers.

Yes...I recommend this company and I trust them.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:55 am 

I've been using the Kins terry-lined polyester pant when I'm home. I switched to disposable diapers but wear that pant over them, even when awake. My diapers rarely leak, and then most often when I sleep, on my side, I assume. The terry-lined pant catches it, and never has any leak gotten beyond the pant.
I prefer the polyester pant over the plain vinyl for durability. They last until the vinly gets old and loses its flexibility. I recommned this pant, it delivers peace of mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:55 am 

I've been using the Kins terry-lined polyester pant when I'm home. I switched to disposable diapers but wear that pant over them, even when awake. My diapers rarely leak, and then most often when I sleep, on my side, I assume. The terry-lined pant catches it, and never has any leak gotten beyond the pant.
I prefer the polyester pant over the plain vinyl for durability. They last until the vinly gets old and loses its flexibility. I recommned this pant, it delivers peace of mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:50 pm 

I ordered a few pairs of Kins pull-on plastic pants a while ago and thought I'd give them a workout before weighing in on them. I had been using mainly Gary pants from ACD which I liked and Comco pants which are OK. I also tried a few other brands that I'll never order again. When I received my order from Kins I was very skeptical about the quality. The vinyl seems so lightweight that I figured they would not last but a day or two. I did not wear them to work until I had an opportunity to learn to trust them. For the most part I like these pants. I like the way they fit better than most other brands I have tried. These seem to have the most forward facing leg openings I have seen which might have something to do with the way they fit so well. I wish the vinyl was not textured or at least not textured on the inside of the plastic pant. The textured vinyl tends to hold urine which means the pant needs to be washed after every use or else they will start to smell nasty. If they were smooth on the inside they they could be wiped clean and dry with a paper towel when changing which is what I do with the smooth vinyl pants made by Gary. Wiping the pants out keeps them clean without having to wash them after every use which prolongs the life of the plastic pant. I will be placing another order with Kins in the near future for a few more pull-on pants as well as a few snap-on plastic pants for the upcoming warm weather months. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd have to give the Kins pull-on plastic pants an 8.

Post subject: Comco Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:13 am 

Some of the plastic pants I had were getting pretty worn out so I decided to try some manufactured by Comco. After placing the order via the internet, I received the pants within a few days.....very fast shipping. The cost was very reasonable about $8.50 each for the purchase of 6 pairs. I've read the comments and recommendations about these pants and I have to say I am NOT disappointed with my purchase. They are quality made with a very comfortable fit in the waist and legs. I'm not sure, but I think the plastic is 6 mm so they are durable and made to last. The elastic in the waist and legs is wide which I'm sure this adds to the comfort fit of the pants and prevents leaks. The only thing I don't like about these pants is they are kinda baggy. I understand this is prefered for those that need to wear heavy cloth diapers at night, but the baggyness is an over kill for anyone that uses less bulky diapers. I prefer more of a trim fit to the plastic pants I wear so there is no noticeable bulk for day wear protection over disposables. To my surprise, these pants really don't show any bulk under my clothes so I am very pleased with the purchase.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 am 

I've had good luck with a "low rider" plastic pant from Babykins. It's big enough for daytime cloth diapers which I use on weekends. It's 6 mill plastic and quiet. Leg and waist openings are very nice and comfortable.
I like the baggy plastic pants at night, but I'm with you, Johnstone, on a snugger pair for day use. ..................Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:01 am 

Paul,

Thanks for the information. I will check on the Babykins "low rider" plastic pants. They maybe exactly what I'm looking for. I like everything about the Comco plastic pants except they are a little baggy. For night wear, I really don't care if they are baggy or not as long as they don't leak. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:58 am 

John & Paul, I used Comco plastic pants for a few years and they do last. However I was never able to get a size that properly fit me. The small size are too-tight and the medium size is way too-large for me. Now I understand that Comco has new in-between sizes such as small/medium which I have not yet tried. I am not super fond of the thick vinyl Comco uses as it is stiffer than all other types of plastic pants I have used. The vinyl tends to be noisier than I like because it is stiffer. With the very large medium size the thick vinyl does not conform well and will form "channels" that can cause free liquid to leak right to the elastic leggings. The waist and leggings are very comfortable. I just wish the vinyl was not as thick and stiff as it is. I switched to Gary pants which I trust and I have a few pair of the Kins pants which I have learned to trust as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next