www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:51 pm 

As recommended by JD, for urinary and fecal incontinence daytime wear, I invested in a package of the NS Supreme Lite briefs. I'm testing them out when I need them for safety. I used to just use a more absorbent pull-up when I went out of the house but now I have to be prepared for possible fecal accidents. I've been avoiding coffee too on those occasions, which sucks but the consequences are too much to bear otherwise.

Colour is a problem when you can't get the right one. Healthwick.ca in Canada here offers the Supreme Lite, but the website cautions that "Green is now discontinued and stock is now limited". They only ever offered two colours to begin with: green and purple. So now it is just purple. Anyway, I got some purple ones, which looks non-masculine to me. My wife says they look "lavender". Oh well, I'm not planning on anyone seeing them!

I'm still trying to get used to them when active. They otherwise seem ok and the way they wick is a little weird. They feel like wearing a booster where the moisture wicks throughout the whole diaper more. I expect this is done intentionally to make a lesser absorbent diaper last longer between changes. I'm reluctant to tape them tight for fear of the tapes coming off. But I do feel they need more tightness to stay snug with active wearing. Perhaps with more time and experience I'll figure this out.

I did find that they were a bit noisier than I expected. The first time out I wore an underwear brief over them. To make them feel more quiet and natural, I may invest in a compression brief.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:26 pm 

I'm dangerously low on my abenas but have 2 packs of the supreme light in blue. They are kinda small on me because I usually wear an xl and they only go up to large but I can make them work. Ive been using them at home with a booster pad pretty successfully. I have enough abenas to use when out at doctors appointments and my best friend gave me money to buy 2 packs to last until I get paid. But the supreme lites have done fine for at home.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:15 pm 

When I need to use disposables I use Northshore's. I've never had a problem with the tapes on NS supremes or lites. I fasten the tapes fairly tightly making sure the diaper is tucked into the the leg creases between legs else it might-will leak. Hope you have realized the main tapes are the blue ones under the white refashionable ones. Tried the mega version and found it is way too much diaper for 'normal' use and didn't seem to have that much more capacity than the supreme. Mega tapes are near imposable to remove. Good luck sorting out a solution that meets your needs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:16 pm 

Quote:
Hope you have realized the main tapes are the blue ones under the white refashionable ones.
Oh yes, and I'm wearing them more frequently now and getting used to them. It's like everything else on this IC journey: acceptance, adjustment and get back to living.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:03 am 

wayne wrote:
It's like everything else on this IC journey: acceptance, adjustment and get back to living.

Wayne, very well said. That about sums it up.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:16 pm 

Earlier in this thread I said
Quote:
I'm still trying to get used to them when active. They otherwise seem ok and the way they wick is a little weird. They feel like wearing a booster where the moisture wicks throughout the whole diaper more.
I think the first couple of NS Supreme Lites I tried out were deficient in something SAP-wise. The rest that I have used have been perfectly normal in terms of what I would expect from a disposable diaper. So those first couple of briefs could have been from the start or end of a production run. This must also happen in other product brands from time to time.