Switch to full style
Diapers, pads, or other types of protection?

Daytime and nighttime protection.
Post a reply

best diaper for bowel and urine problems?

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 pm

I have found some diapers that can hold the worst bowel movement possible and yet leak when a full bladder is released. Then I have found some diapers that can hold lots of urine but leak lose stool. Doese anybody have a suggestion for a person who needs the best of both worlds? My Ibs causes the bladder control problems and the lose stool is bad sometimes.

Re: best diaper for bowel and urine problems?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:05 am

The only ones I've found that really work well are the Abena M-4's. I have also been using the Wellness briefs but they are smaller and don't have the extra room in them to contain a lot of fecal material like the M-4's do. The Wellness briefs do well for urine although I still like the Abena's best. Also the Wellness don't have as much padding in the front and I sleep on my stomach so I might have to get up and change, if I don't the bed pad gets wet. Even then I wear plastic pants over them day and night and that has cut down on leaks and odor although the Devrom helps too

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:52 am

When your dealing with complete bladder & bowel incontinence. The occasional leak is almost unavoidable. I have had good luck with the Tranquility ATN & the Secure X plus brands. We always add a booster to help get Me through the night. As well as mornings when My bowel is most likely to be active.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:17 pm

The Dry 24/7 brand have a pretty large "pocket" at the bottom fold area which may help a lot

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Brandie, guess I wet more than other people because the tranquility atn leaks on me the first wetting.
Post a reply