www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:44 am 

Yesterday had my appointment at Urologist for my cystoscopy he found I had Trabeculation of the bladder. He is going to try me on oxybutynin to try and relax it. However everything I read says you have to find the cause of the Trabeculation on order to cure it.
I also read it's hard to regain the muscle after the muscle is lost. Has anyone else had something similar? I had no blockages or anything else that would have caused it that he could see.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:38 pm 

Trabeculae are small pouches in the wall of the bladder that can fill with urine that does not empty properly, and can develop urinary tract infections. If UTIs become frequent, your urologist may order a strong antibiotic, or, as a last resort, surgery.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:39 pm 

So what my uro told me is I have a bladder wall that is thick and looks like a body builder's muscles because of it always being in constant tension so my bladder is always flexed from what I understand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 pm 

This makes your incontinence understandable. Did you discuss having a sphincterotomy as a way to ease the burden on your bladder?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:41 pm 

Dr said it is an option however he said after that I will have almost zero control. So he wants to try a few other things first.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:56 am 

Zero control involves a major psychological adjustment, so it is not for everybody. Good luck with managing your situation. If you eventually decide on a sphincterotomy, learning to manage well now will give you a huge advantage.