www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:46 am 

Did the tests help? Not as far as incontinence (mine is prostate related), though I am told that some peoples' night-time incontinence can be sleep related. I was having horrible snoring problems and other sleep issues that bothered both me and my wife, and pretty much knew that I was suffering from sleep apnea. The tests of course confirmed just how many times per night my breathing stopped, and what it did to my pulse and such. I use a C-pap machine now, and sleep very well; so does my wife!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:09 pm 

Sandy wrote:
Just curious did these studies help you :?: .................Sandy :)

Sandy,
The sleep study that I have had was to monitor my breathing habits. They did help in the fact that I now use a CPAP to help me breath during sleep. I haven't been back to the uro yet to discuss the other test he talked about the last time I was there. I think he first wants to see how things are going now the Detrol is out of my system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:42 pm 

Ive had a cytoscopy and urodynamics. Results on both were well within normal range. My urologist's only comment was, the pressure was a bit high
and the flow was weak. He gave me no treatment alternatives other than medicaiton or peripheral nerve stimualation. I have tried doing "Kegel" excerscises for men, with limited success. I still need diapers though.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:42 pm 

Hi all was reading about the medical test's.I was having alot of trouble with dui's and incontinence they did a ultasound on bladder and found it was not empting so they put me on uroxatral which helped the uti's but has little effect on the incontinence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:10 pm 

K.T. wrote:
Buzzard, it does sound like a sleep study. I have had those done too for sleep apnea. Sleeping with all those wires is much worse than sleeping in a wet diaper, lol

Aman to that. No more Studys for me either!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:08 pm 

[ . I have tried doing "Kegel" excerscises for men, with limited success. I still need diapers though.[/quote]

Are those's exerscises hurt :?: Mine been hurting from the start. I don't like the way the Kegel feels. I'm I doing something wrong :?:

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:02 am 

Theyre having me do yet another voiding diary and a pad test this time.. fun..for all you who went thru a pad test, does it stink after a while saving all your used diapers? I cant imagine how its gonna reek.. watching what i drink and measuring when i use the bathroom.. is kinda annoying, but well worth it if the U of M uros have something to offer, and i hope its more than another medication..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:06 am 

Why anyone would subject themselves to the amount of medical crap :roll: that you have is beyond me :?: I'm starting to think that maybe secretly you enjoy this stuff :wink: or your putting us on :?
..........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:23 am 

I'm no expert, but I guess some causes of incontinence can take time before a medical diagnosis can be made. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:01 am 

I've got a diagnosis's for it:

You leak you can't help it you try to do what you can but you still leak so put on a diaper and get on with your life :!:

Second part of Sandy's diagnosis's is:

Yes go to the doctor make sure it's not a side effect of something more serious. But don't make a career out of going to the Doctor because your bladder leaks :roll: The only one that comes out ahead on that is the doctor $$$ in most cases. You are the one that ends up with less $$$ and a ton of side effects that are often worse then the problem itself :shock:

........................... Doc. Sandy :)