www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2nd Urodynamic Test
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:01 pm 

Owwwwww!!!! Followed by OWWWWWW!

This is the second time I have taken this test. My urologist wanted a new one since my last one was 2013. I urinated over 300 once I got there as they said to come with a full bladder, so I drank a large cup on the way to the appointment.

Then she numbed me…: yeah right, and used a straight catheter to drain the bladder. I had 140 left in there.then she inserted the second catheter for the procedure. Numbing the top of my penis does NOTHING for the hell in my urethra.

As she starts filling the bladder with water she instructed me to let her know
1. I feel my bladder
2. I would stop to use the restroom
3. I need to stop to the restroom
4. I am about to have an accident

I let her know that perhaps it’s the Cather but I felt number 1 already. It did not take long till I got to 4 and she was confused because she hadn’t pumped a lot in yet. I told her the last time I had this test, at step 4 the Catheter blew out of my urethra and onto the floor . She told me not to worry about it and kept going. Then, when I told her it was too painful she had me sit on a chair and told me to urinate. Urinating over the catheter was agony. I also saw why she wasn’t worried as she had taped the catheter all around the head and shaft of my penis.
As I urinated I know the catheter wanted to expel but it couldn’t. This left my knees shaking in pain until she finally removed The catheter.
I had peed close to 200, way more than she pumped into me…
Now, I have gone home with a cypro pill and urinated once in my diaper and it feels like razors. I don’t know why this feels worse than 2013. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. I just hope the urologist got the data he needs so I don’t have to go through this again…:

Post subject: Re: 2nd Urodynamic Test
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:40 pm 

How well I remember this exam. And yes, the docs should factor the pain they are inflicting on us into the decision whether to go ahead with it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:01 pm 

Having serious bladder spasms while trying to urinate past a still inserted catheter has got to put fluid back pressure on your kidneys. Sounds hazardous to your kidneys.
"sit on a chair and told me to urinate. Urinating over the catheter was agony."

I've never had that experience during urological testing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:25 pm 

So I got the results, but I really have no idea what it means. I always likes to research my results before a doctor consult so I can ask better questions, but none of it seems informative.

Attachments:
EAC96936-6BCB-4458-98C6-184996D3F509.png
EAC96936-6BCB-4458-98C6-184996D3F509.png [ 589.9 KiB | Viewed 4649 times ]