www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:49 pm 

As I wear mostly dress trousers, knickerbockers or loose breeches anyways, an never shorts, I really did not change the way I dress. I've always preferred high waists and a naturally loose (comfortable) fit. I've never been a fan of jeans or tight clothes, so when I started to wear I really did not have to think about the protection showing through. Of course I was worried "that it shows and everyone can tell" at first, but I've realized that 1) people don't look at others' butts THAT closely 2) no-one notices, 3) if they do notice they are too embarrassed to say anything. As a precaution I tend to wear a long-hem undershirt (a must in this climate anyway) and I always wear boxer-shorts over the diaper/pull-up whenever I am wearing one.

Of course on those days that I'm wearing heavier protection I have to double check that my shirt does not wander up and reveal the diaper. That risk exists, especially as some diapers have those colour-codes and other signs that tell instantly that the white rim showing is not the waistband of underwear. :D :D

But, no one is really that interested in the bottoms and possible "extra underwear" of others, so wear away, they'll never notice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:05 pm 

This has also been my experience. I too live in Florida. I have actually even openly worn just my diaper to the beach and had people walk right by me without even realizing it was diapered. People really are just that self absorbed and really just do not notice. When out and in the public wearing just plain shorts with a confidry 24/7 underneath, nobody has ever noticed I am diapered- let alone with pants on too.

Oddly, while at the beach, I did have one old guy notice I was diapered and he tried to make a scene out of it. Lucky for me the beach cops had just rode by seconds before (I waved at them and they had kept going). Luckily they did notice that old guy and circled around. I was very quick to point out that his speedo was more revealing than my diaper, and that I had a legitimate need to wear a diaper which again was covering me more than his suit was. The cops agreed with me and told the old man to leave me be or they would arrest him for disturbing my peace.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:44 pm 

That's... odd. People can be very inconsiderate and rude. Making a scene over someone wearing a diaper is like making a fuzz over someone sitting in a wheelchair or walking with a cane. Luckily the cops put him in his place.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:19 am 

B Brian wrote:
... I have actually even openly worn just my diaper to the beach and had people walk right by me without even realizing it was diapered. ...

Being diapered myself, I noticed someone on the beach in just their diaper a while back ago (I guess I'm more aware of diapers than most). And while I'm not at the level of being at a public beach in "just" my diaper, I will agree with you that most people are "that self-absorbed" to not notice. An acquaintance of mine that has been incontinent since birth goes to the beach all the time in just her diaper and has never had a single comment made to her.

Either people don't notice or don't say anything if they do. That's a good thing either way.

Kudos to you B Brain for living life as fully as you can! I admire you!

ILuvLA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:51 pm 

I have started to wear bigger pants with a belt and dress shirts. On the plus side, I probably dress a lot more professionally now than I did before wearing protection.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:30 pm 

I work from home, so that part is easy... as for out and about, it is loose fitting jeans and a t-shirt.......

Wait, I wore that before. Mostly, it is because I am self conscious about the weight I put on after getting hurt.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:20 pm 

I use during the day pads in my underwear. I changed my underwear to underwear with PU protection in the inside. As I have to present to customers and colleagues I discovered that I switched to black jeans as they look professional and are stiff enough to hide any (thicker) pads in my underwear. When I feel insecure as my blather keeps playing up, I do wear Tena pants under my jeans. Any leaks are not visible and gives me enough confidence to move on. Doing sports is sometimes a challenge in the locker room. Before undressing and jumping into the shower I go to the toilet to change my protected underwear into'normal' underwear. All goes well then. After leaving the locker room I go to the toilet and put protection on. Then I join the team for a drink at the bar. It's a bit of a dance, sometimes frustrating, but I can live with it. Add night I'm using abena M3 /M4 diapers or cloth. The disposable diapers are not visible under 2 size larger pyama pants so I'm not bothering my kids with my problems. My wife supports my 100%.
Bob.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:16 am 

For me, it's not the bulk that's the giveaway, but when wear pajama pants, the noise is pretty obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:07 pm 

i have a couple of pairs of pants i cant wear anymore. which sucks. i cant even button them with a diaper on.

:(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:10 am 

I did have to change the way I dress. I manage my severe OAB/urge incontinence with Dry 24/7 diapers, boosters and plastic pants...an effective but bulky combination. As such, I've had to bump up my pant's size by one to accommodate the bulk of the diapers and plastic pants. In addition, I've purchased pants that have some stretch to them which seems to help smoothly conceal the bulk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next