www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:15 am 

Thank you JD, Ellen, Patrick and others here on this forum. This year of transition to "the sullied" would have been much more difficult without the collective wisdom provided by this forum. Trading diapers for underwear is embarrassing enough without avoidable mistakes.

When it comes to health, things can easily be glum and gloomy. So I like to sprinkle in a bit of humour, even if it is at my own expense. If I can't laugh at myself, then is it fair for me to laugh at others? A lot of issues described here are no laughing matter. Yet despite the hassles, embarrassment and pain, I hope all here can still find some enjoyment in the life that they have been blessed with.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:36 am 

I started wearing relatively recently and the first time I tried on the diapers I absolutely soaked my pants. Turns out I needed something better than the store bought ones but I felt awful at first.Thanks to a friend of mine I found a diaper company that made something that was probably good enough. I tested them for the first time that day and the wonderful people at Northshore helped me figure out how to wear one and confirmed that I had it on right. Plus they let me know it was okay and I found this forum as a result. I also felt bad that while I was talking with them I ended up having another accident with them.... but the diapers worked.

Now, after testing them a lot more. I am now very confident going around and doing things again! Yeah it sucks when I know I cant reach a bathroom in time, but I have a diaper on for that reason. Plus the only one who knows when I go is my friend from before and she doesnt make a big deal about it. So yes they have been very positive!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:11 pm 

There used to be a very prominently listed resource for the newly incontinent, written by JD I think. The last time I tried to find it for a friend, I had to enlist google's help. I think it would be a nice idea to present that PDF file resource as part of the "board index" or other prominent location.

Good for you in getting sorted in this. It takes a while to learn what works and trying different products. In the beginning, I learned to do some bathtub/shower stall tests of various pull-ups/diapers to make sure I could trust them. The last thing you want is to fail in the public eye.

Update:
The reason I didn't see the primer etc. is that I use a link directly to login. However, if you go to the main incontinentsupport.org home page, you will find the links to resources there.

Last edited by wayne on Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:24 am 

I learned to test them in the bath tub, but the first time I got some, I thought it should hold everything since it is a diaper (or pull up). I learned very quickly that this means nothing. And to be fair, I do feel much better now that I know these work, but I still feel awkward after each accident. However I think that is more to do with realizing I am peeing in public more than about needing a diaper.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:10 am 

Wayne mentioned my white paper for the newly incontinent. It may be found at:
http://www.incontinentsupport.org/Intro ... iapers.pdf

I have been working on updates but the basic paper is still valid.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:20 pm 

I think we are soon approaching time when the site needs to upgrade to https support. Those not in the know are likely to be frightened off by the (Chrome) browser saying that they're going to an "unsafe site". All this tech "change" is a pain, I agree. Without the upgrade, the membership here will likely dwindle away, which would be a shame.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:37 am 

Wayne has an excellent point. I have been a member here for so long that I was not aware of the issue of others being warned away from the site.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:50 pm 

The security warning is coming up every time I click a link to this site or a reference inside the site. Since my first registration to the ISC well over 10 years ago I have appreciated the quality of the site's information and forum space. The owner of the site has never asked for any support.
The site has been well moderated and maintained. Setting up the credentials for https registration will take technical expertise, effort and have a co$t associated with it. I am certainly willing to contribute. At times the support and information I have received has been priceless.
To moderator: Perhaps this discussion should be broken out into a separate topic heading?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:12 pm 

wayne wrote:
I think we are soon approaching time when the site needs to upgrade to https support. Those not in the know are likely to be frightened off by the (Chrome) browser saying that they're going to an "unsafe site". All this tech "change" is a pain, I agree. Without the upgrade, the membership here will likely dwindle away, which would be a shame.

Yes, I have seen formerly active members leave because of the insecurity and this has led to people's passwords being intercepted because they're transmitted in plain text.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:39 pm 

The warning I am seeing, has just started for me. I suspect my Chrome did an auto update.

As for certificates, you can use https://letsencrypt.org/ without incurring a cost. Obviously there is more to the upgrade, but having a free cert helps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next