www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Clothing
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:22 pm 

justej wrote:
IAnd no one has ever mentioned any “bulge” in my pants and I think it would be weird if someone did.

Haha! Why do you have a bulge? .... uh why were you looking at my bulge????

JDinVirginia wrote:
citygardener, I have asked friends in whom I have confided about my incontinence whether they could tell that I was wearing diapers and, even after knowing my secret, all said "no."

You had that other line I liked where you said you would play "Who's wearing diapers" while people watching, in a crowd at the retirement community. Ha! That one still gets me chuckling every time I think about it!

I'm mostly certain all of the fuss about my clothes is all in my head. One day I'll be 99% sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:30 pm 

JDavis wrote:
It has prevented me from wearing my favourite tight jeans or clothes. Not a dress skirt liking girl. Also, if the nappy bulge shows, I have to explain.

But you could chose to wear a dress or skirt if you wanted to.

With that line of thought I guess I could wear a kilt.... :lol:

Oh, the images that brings up in my mind. :shock:

ScottK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:15 pm 

Long tops and Anorak or Parka length coats to hide absorbent briefs. I wear leggings with long tops that are close to tunic length. Also longer fuller skirts. One time I was about to pick up an early morning bus tour and I needed a bathroom urgently and none was available. I was wearing a longish full black skirt and simply went to the parking lot and sat on a curb and fanned out my skirt. I was wearing an incontinence pad and knew it would not hold a full bladder full. I put my hand down the elastic waist of the skirt and moved the underwear to the side and let loose onto the asphalt which was at a lower elevation. Due to sitting on the curb I did not get wet and I had to do this with a lot of people close by and there was nothing immodest exposed. That skirt saved me. I did not even have to squat. Victorian ladies had some very sensible ideas with fuller skirts. On the beach, black or very dark navy in case I have to just pee in the sand through a wet or even dry swimsuit which I have done after having a large coffee and the bladder spasms arrived with a vengeance. It was quickly absorbed by the sand and I just used my foot to sweep sand over it. I would have flooded before I could even get into the ocean to go. Dark outerwear helped me be discreet in a park at night where I just went behind a hedge as our walking group passed the park. Green shorts or pants or skirt in case one needs to go in bushes. A two piece ski suit with a jacket at least mid-thigh length, not a one piece. A longer parka or knee length winter coat hides a lot. Full skirts are under rated. Elastic waistbands are easier. Removable reflective bands when walking the dog at night to protect against traffic but to remove if discreet urination by a human is required wearing a black coat at night to avoid detection.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:54 am 

ScottK wrote:
JDavis wrote:
It has prevented me from wearing my favourite tight jeans or clothes. Not a dress skirt liking girl. Also, if the nappy bulge shows, I have to explain.

But you could chose to wear a dress or skirt if you wanted to.

With that line of thought I guess I could wear a kilt.... :lol:

Oh, the images that brings up in my mind. :shock:

ScottK

I have actually worn a kilt while diapered. With the sporran in front and pleats in back, and the pattern and coloration of the firefighter tartan, my diaper bulge was well-concealed. Of course I didn't do jumping jacks or stand on my head, and was mindful not to end up over a ventilation grate and recreate the famous Marilyn Monroe pic, though just in case, I wore a black disposable. I am a kilt purist and never wore anything underneath until the dreaded IC reared its ugly head...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:04 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
I am sure there must be other clothing manufacturers similarly incorporating a gusset in their pants. Does anyone know of any?

--John
(double incontinent)

I currently have several pairs of Lands End active wear stretch chinos that have a gusseted crotch. I bought them a couple of years ago from their website. I just did a search on their website for "gusset" and can't find any clothing that mentions a gusset. I also browsed around in their active wear pants and also didn't find anything. I don't know if they don't make anything with gussets any more or if they just don't mention it any more. But it might be worth a call to them to find out for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:26 pm 

It has definitely changed the way I dress. Before IC I always wore straight fit pants. Now I search out relaxed fit and size the waist up to fit/hide the bulge. I also get pants with as high a waist as I can find (look for "sits at the waist"). The diaper bulk below my crotch moves the pants down on my waist so that a high waist fits more like a mid waist. This also makes the hem lower to the ground so I get a slightly shorter inseam than I used to.

Right now my favorite jeans are Levi's 550 Relaxed Fit jeans.

I also always wear an undershirt tucked into my pants, which means I now almost exclusively wear button up shirts. I never was a big fan of t-shirts before but now my pile of t-shirts sits on the shelf unless I'm having a very good bladder day and I'm just around the house.