www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:56 pm 

Hi All

In these strange times I have adopted the following to help me through!

I have incontinence YES! Does incontinence have me NO!

Take care and keep safe!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:37 pm 

I'm slowly getting there. It just sucks when you are having to drag a bag into a place to change you have to go by the "Mask Enforcer" only to get asked whats in the bag. The last time it happen, the guy didn't want me to come in with the bag. I offered to open it up so he could see. Needless to say another guy came over and as I unzipped the bag just enough to to expose the diapers, he let me in. I don't want to be rude, but I just want to ask, when was the last you requested a women to open her purse? Especially the ones that are larger than my bag.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:58 pm 

batman381327 wrote:
I'm slowly getting there. It just sucks when you are having to drag a bag into a place to change you have to go by the "Mask Enforcer" only to get asked whats in the bag. The last time it happen, the guy didn't want me to come in with the bag. I offered to open it up so he could see. Needless to say another guy came over and as I unzipped the bag just enough to to expose the diapers, he let me in. I don't want to be rude, but I just want to ask, when was the last you requested a women to open her purse? Especially the ones that are larger than my bag.

In the UK I find this card helps a lot in this situation. However sadly this goes with the territory society has a long way to go still with incontinence before the condition is fully understood! Personally I have had bags emptied out for security check I felt so embarrassed at first but now if this happens I don’t care sticks and bones will break my bones by names won’t hurt me!

https://www.bladderandbowel.org/help-in ... wait-card/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:36 pm 

You have a great attitude, and, usually, it is my attitude too. However, rarely, an accident, a bowel accident at an awkward time and place, will shatter my calm self-assurance. It does keep me anxious, and humble. Keep up the good work.