Switch to full style
Describe how having incontinence has change your life.
Post a reply

Re: How has incontinence change your life?

Fri May 07, 2021 11:51 am

Michael, I'll second the pandemic logistics. I haven't had to change in a public washroom yet, but having no washrooms available does suck.

Before I knew what I was doing, I'd take my relative who doesn't drive anymore, shopping while wearing my Tena for Men pull-up. But because most of the washrooms in the malls are closed, I would saturate it. It's really a wonder I didn't have a big embarrassing leak somewhere because it was pushed right to very the limit. After a couple of those episodes, I finally figured out that I needed a more absorbent diaper when away from home.

For me, a big leak would still be embarrassing but overall I think I am over it. I have accepted that this is my disability, so "like it or lump it".

Tue May 11, 2021 8:09 am

Incontinence had not changed my life just made traveling more challenging :)

Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:42 pm

After I got over the initial denial I was pretty much ok. Went to the doctors and over a couple of years I had tests done. And I had tests done. And I had tests done. My leaking became a bit worse. And I have problems at night also. It is not going to kill me so I deal with the inconvenience and move on. At this point my main issue with my incontinence is the money it costs me. But we will leave the grumbling about the state of health care in the USA in a different topic.
Besides, health care everywhere is a bit busy these days.

ScottK
Post a reply