www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:11 pm 

Incontinence can get us all down at times. But this weekend I was feeling real good about where I was. This had me feeling like sharing a positive note.

Even though I have to wear a diaper + plastic pants when I go out, I was able to sit in the stands at one of my favourite dirt tracks. This summer I have been able to attend many of these events. My wife would normally attend but she has issues of her own now. But she encourages me to go. So I felt good sitting where I was knowing that nobody there knows about my IC. My little secret. I was able to stay hydrated in the sun without worrying about suddenly peeing. And I didn't have to thread my way through the stands later to get to the horrible washroom facilities. Sure, I'll pay for the salt in the popcorn I had, but just for once, I wanted to enjoy the moment. And so I did.

Without diapers, I would have to stay home like a hermit. Watching a race on TV or Youtube is nothing like the real thing. You don't get the roar, the smell of fuel, and sometimes the flying dirt. You don't hear the cheers and the boos. Being live makes you feel "alive". So yes, I went home with a swollen diaper but it felt like a mission accomplished. A great summer's evening. When you leave the noise of the race track, you arrive home to the dark quiet with sleeping cats. You change into your overnight protection but knowing that you enjoyed the race event. You "lived". The ringing in your ears is going away as your receipt.

So I'm slowly learning to accept my incontinence. Life does goes on, if you let it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:06 am 

Well done, Wayne. It is important to appreciate the "good times."

I like to say "be thankful for your diapers." It is obvious that you do. Thanks for sharing.

--John
(double incontinent)