www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:27 am 

Hi, I‘m Mick and not sure if this is the right place for an introduction - how ever - I think it might be.

I suffer from UIC since round about 3 years. For me it started with a UTI that was virus based. It tooks a pretty long time and a couple of weeks in a hospital to cure it out, but after the infection was gone my allready smal bladder had shrinked even more and the urologist had the suspect, that my inner bladder nerves had become dameged. At this time I had nearly no control over my bladder anymore and was treaded with Tolterodin first, later with Emselex.

After a year and intensiv bladder training the capacity was expanded to round about 300ml again and I was able to make it mostly to the toilet over the daytime. For the nighttime the techniqes that I’d learned did’t worked that well. This was also the time where I set down the medication because there where no improvments any more and the side effects where havy.

Today I still have my problems and if a urge realy hit’s me and if my bladder cramps I still have no chance to hold it, but with timed voiding and some diet (no coffe no orange juce no spicy food) I’m meanwhile able to make it over the daytime mostly without accidents.

I leared also that this seems to be a pretty rare medical history - especialy for male, and I still have no clue what had caused the infection. How ever I’m interrested to learn if maybe others had similar experiences and what helped in there cases.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:46 am 

michael_dahlke wrote:
Hi, I‘m Mick and not sure if this is the right place for an introduction - how ever - I think it might be.

I suffer from UIC since round about 3 years. For me it started with a UTI that was virus based. It tooks a pretty long time and a couple of weeks in a hospital to cure it out, but after the infection was gone my allready smal bladder had shrinked even more and the urologist had the suspect, that my inner bladder nerves had become dameged. At this time I had nearly no control over my bladder anymore and was treaded with Tolterodin first, later with Emselex.

After a year and intensiv bladder training the capacity was expanded to round about 300ml again and I was able to make it mostly to the toilet over the daytime. For the nighttime the techniqes that I’d learned did’t worked that well. This was also the time where I set down the medication because there where no improvments any more and the side effects where havy.

Today I still have my problems and if a urge realy hit’s me and if my bladder cramps I still have no chance to hold it, but with timed voiding and some diet (no coffe no orange juce no spicy food) I’m meanwhile able to make it over the daytime mostly without accidents.

I leared also that this seems to be a pretty rare medical history - especialy for male, and I still have no clue what had caused the infection. How ever I’m interrested to learn if maybe others had similar experiences and what helped in there cases.

Hello and welcome! While I don't share the same history as you, there are others here that may have similar experiences. Regardless, this is a great place to learn, exchange ideas, and get support in dealing with our issues. Glad to see you have somewhat learned to manage your IC, at least during the day. I too have given up on medication, finding that the side effects, for me, weren't worth the little or no improvement they offered. That seems to be a fairly common theme here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:56 am 

Welcome to our group. You'll find a wealth of insight and useful advice here, and I look forward to your contributions as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:36 am 

Welcome to the group. There is a wealth of information here and a good place to vent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:54 pm 
Admin

Welcome to our little family.
Feel free to ask any questions and to post when you can.
You are among friends here.

:D :D :D

Schoppy