www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prostate Stones?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:12 am 

I think I'm finally figuring this out. I would have had it right before but two different doctors led me astray.
It was about 3.5 years ago when I had a sharp pain during ejaculation followed by burning. Then for two days I had a very sore and bruised feeling in the area of my prostate. I told my doctor back then that I thought I had passed a prostate stone. She didn't believe me and told me I probably experienced reflux, where the urine backs into the prostate or where the semen backs into the bladder, but neither of those really matched with what happened because I felt an object passing through my urethra.
Following that event ejaculations have been painful for me ever since, sometimes more than others. Then I started having to urinate frequently at night, increasing to a point where I wasn't getting any sleep so I started wearing nappies at night. Plus I'd had a couple accidents from trying to hold it too long when I was tired of getting up constantly.
Then I started having the problem during the day; I was urinating so frequently I was constantly running to the toilet on some days. So I started wearing during the day if I was out for long periods and if my bladder was feeling irritated. Then I started getting bladder infections. I would have days where I would get spells of nausea and vomiting and frequent urination. Then one day I passed a bunch of stones. I could feel them coming out one night, my nappy was full of little white and greyish white stones. I had a kidney x-ray and that came up negative for stones.
I started seeing a new GP a couple years ago. I told her that I thought I had been passing prostate stones. She told me it wasn't possible and disregarded what I said. She did however get me to see a urologist. The urologist sent me to have a flow test. My maximum flow during the test was 8ml/s normal for my age is >20ml/s. And that was with me pushing hard to get and keep the urine flowing. I passed 130ml during the test before the flow shut off, I had to go again ten minutes later but I had already left the office.
Now I've done some research and I'm finding information on men that have had similar problems with prostate stones causing blockages, infections, urinary retention, kidney damage and even death where it wasn't properly followed up with medical care.
So my incontinence appears to have been caused by prostate stones.

Post subject: Re: Prostate Stones?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:21 pm 

I really feel for you, and congratulate you on finally finding a possible cause. My own problems went un-diagnosed for almost 20 years! That is until I found out what the problem could have been all along. Your best bet is to push your idea on to your urologist until they can empirically rule it out. This puts the burden back on to them. And quite frankly we have all been burdened by our urologists way too much already. Mostly because they don't know how to do their own jobs right. They deserve it a little themselves.