Describe how you become incontinent.
Post a reply

Prostate cancer - stricture-dialation

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 am

My incontinence came about following radical prostatectomy for prostate CA in 2008. Happily I am cancer free, but I developed a stricture that had to be dilated which was followed by infections and other problems. The long and short of it is that I am incontinent of urine during the day, but fairly dry at night, although that varies. Everything just drains out during the day. They are trying to sell me on a new procedure called trans-obterator sling but I am leery about more surgery at the moment. I manage my incontinence with diapers, and believe me I have tried just about every diapering option over the last 4 years! If I have learned anything, it is that there is no perfect solution. Physical activity, travel, stress and strain, all tend to require different solutions. I find its best to be open minded, see what works best in a given scenario and stick with it. Above all, I think a positive outlook and a willingness to experiment is the best way to manage the problem!

Re: Prostate cancer - stricture-dialation

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 am

It sou nds like you are managing quite well with diapers etc. and I wonder how much help you would get from more surgery. The operation you mention is usually carried out on women to help with stress incontinence. I think I'd have a .lot of questions to ask a surgeon before embarking on such a procedure.
Post a reply